Bradshaw Design is accepting applications for interns to join their award-winning team. Our internship is designed to give students or design enthusiasts experience into a true design environment. Exposure to vendor and client relations, logistics, and project process is provided to chosen applicants. Take your conceptional learning to the next level with real work experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Support daily administrative affairs which include but are not limited to:
- Receiving packages and materials for active projects
- Maintain general office organization and cleanliness
- Run occasional errands for designers (hardware pickup, drop off material at job sites)
- Maintain the tidiness of the material library
- Receive and price incoming material samples
- Confirm appointments and assist in preparing for client meetings
Support team of designers with project tasks:
- Monitor and promptly report progress on tasks and assignment
- Vendor communication including telephone and face-to-face meetings with sales representatives or showrooms, research pricing, spec sheets, stock checks, etc.
- Assist with Furniture Procurement
- Assist in the selection of materials for design projects
- Assist in the development of client specification booklet
- Under supervision, work in IVY creating products, proposals, and purchase orders.
- Under supervision, may revise drawings red lined by others in Revit
- Under supervision, may help develop preliminary space plans
- Act with a professional level of conduct and behavior at all times.
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated, and goal-oriented
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Shows willingness to learn new ideas and processes
- Flexible and open to feedback
- Demonstrate leadership skills in assisting the team to produce quality projects
- Takes the initiative to present the solution, not the problem
- Strong attention to detail and precise measurements
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint